2023 Law Enforcement Appreciation Award Winners Announced
- By: Allison Cottrill
- 20 April 2023
- 0 Comments
Union Township, Clermont County Ohio (April 20, 2023) – The Clermont Chamber of Commerce Foundation is thrilled to announce the selected officers to be honored at the 40th Annual Law Enforcement Appreciation Banquet. The banquet is an opportunity for the Clermont County community to come together and show appreciation for the brave men and women who serve and protect our communities.
For 40 years, the Clermont Chamber of Commerce Foundation has partnered with law enforcement agencies to recognize the outstanding efforts of officers in the field that are not always publicized. This year, 25 awards will be presented to selected officers for their exceptional service and dedication to the Clermont County community.
“We are thrilled to recognize these extraordinary officers for their outstanding work in law enforcement,” said Clermont Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Joy Lytle. “These officers represent the best of the best, and we are proud to honor them at our upcoming banquet. Their dedication to keeping our communities safe is truly commendable, and we are grateful for their service.”
This special event also raises thousands of dollars for the University of Cincinnati Clermont College Law Enforcement Scholarship Fund.
The 2023 Law Enforcement Appreciation Award winners:
Bill Brewer Award of Valor
- Officer Tim Goins, Miami Township Police Department
Excellence in Criminal Investigation
- Goshen Township Police Department: Officer Justin Porterfield, Sergeant Cody Collier, Detective Steve Maynard, Detective Greg McAllister, Detective Chris McMillan, Officer Lara Eidam, and Captain Don Hampton
- Officer Tyler Foster, Miami Township Police Department
- Clermont County Narcotics Unit: Agent Bryan Taylor, Agent Adam Bailey, Sergeant Travis Brown, Corporal Tyler Foster, Agent Jeff Hunt, Agent Jay Shaw, Sergeant Chris Wilson, Agent Justin Schultz, Sergeant Danielle Smith, and Lieutenant Nick Derose
- Clermont County Investigative Unit, Clermont County Sheriff’s Office: Detective Sergeant BJ Boerger, Detective Mike Robinson, Detective Mike Ross, Detective Mike Crouch, Detective Sean Schubert, Detective Eric Goldsmith, and Evidence Technician Bob Randolph
Excellence in Service (Law Enforcement Personnel)
- Union Township Police Department: Officer Bryan Taylor and Officer Christopher Godsey
- Officer Kristopher Mell, Milford Police Department
- Officer Michael Wright, Loveland Police Department
- Officer Christopher Chesney, Pierce Township Police Department
- Officer Tyler Smith, Goshen Township Police Department
- Detective Mike Robinson, Clermont County Sheriff’s Office
- Officer Michael Hooven, Village of Bethel Police Department
- Ohio State Trooper Jason Byron, Ohio State Highway Patrol – Batavia Post
- Officer Jordan Haggerty, Miami Township Police Department
Excellence in Service (Citizens or non-law enforcement support personnel)
- UC Health Air Care & Mobile Care, UC Medical Center
- Rumpke Waste & Recycling: Logan Patrick and Darren Bagford
Dick Mallon Volunteerism Award
- Ohio LandSAR, Pierce Township Police Department
- Officer Julie Liming, Milford Police Department
- Deputy Randy McElfresh, Clermont County Sheriff’s Office
- Officer Keith Benhase, Miami Township Police Department
- Officer Kevin Heller, Milford Police Department
- Chief Jeffrey Bachman, Pierce Township Police Department
- Captain Jeff Sellars, Clermont County Sheriff’s Office
- Deputy Rick Claypool, Clermont County Sheriff’s Office
- Deputy Tom Lefker, Clermont County Sheriff’s Office
The evening will feature a keynote address by former Cincinnati Bengals player, Dave Fulcher, live music by The Bootleggers Music Group, and event emcee, Local 12 News anchor Adam Clements.
We will honor Clermont’s law enforcement with a dinner and awards ceremony on Wednesday, May 17, 2023, at the Oasis Conference Center. We invite you to join us in this endeavor by becoming a sponsor of the event; with your support, we can invite officers to attend at no charge. You can also provide a donation to our University of Cincinnati Clermont College Law Enforcement Scholarship Fund.
Registration, ticket sponsorship, and donation opportunities available HERE or by calling (513) 576-5000.